We recently had an inspiring visit from some of Stella’s 2017 HSC High Achievers.
Our graduates, Olivia-James McKeown, Christine Nefodov, Molly Marr (2017 School Captain), Amy Hicks and Shana Yang returned to Stella to speak with the Year 12, 2018 girls about their HSC journey.
Olivia (our Dux for 2017) spoke to the girls about the balance she maintained but her clear focus was on achieving her best. She told the girls to:
- Set a visible goal – Olivia set herself an ATAR target and worked towards achieving it;
- Be humble – always find ways to improve and be quietly confident;
- Defy others preconceptions – it is never too late to change people’s perceptions of you;
- Life does not stop – balance your family and friends with study;
- Collegiate experiences – you are not alone, seek help, use Stella Tutors and ex-students to assist your learning goals;
- Quality over quantity – pages of notes are not useful. Try to gain a deep understanding of your subjects.
Olivia left Year 12 with a poignant message as we celebrated International Women’s Day, ‘Never forget how lucky you are to be given such a head start in achieving your goals. Education is freedom’.