Life at Stella is about preparing young women to make a positive difference in the world. From Year 7, Stella Girls are taught to develop their gifts and talents, to think broadly about their future careers and to be excited about what lies ahead. As young women whose lives are unfolding before our very eyes, our graduates venture into every imaginable field. It is every teacher’s responsibility to help all our girls develop their capacity to make self-assured and wise choices with confidence and an open mind for life’s possibilities.
“The College is always reaffirming that it’s not what we want to be but who we become that’s the most important thing. At the same time they are preparing me for a variety of careers that will be fulfilling and suit my skills, talents and interests. We are taught to dream big!” – Mimi, Year 11.
Our girls are supported by a Careers Advisor who is available for interviews and appointments, for a chat or to answer questions via email or in person. Careers services include
- books and brochures from virtually all tertiary institutions in Australia
- information on overseas study
- student exchange information
- advice on gap year programs
- UAC books for Years 10 and 12
- interviews on subject choices and entry into desired courses
- assistance with early entry and scholarship applications
- online testing and apps for the latest ATAR scores
- parent seminars on strategies and how to open discussions with their daughters about their futures
Email the Careers Advisor