Stella Maris College has a proud history of excellence in teaching and learning. As a school of Good Samaritan Education we belong to a network of ten Catholic Colleges in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
The employment experience at Stella Maris College is one of collegiality. All staff at the College are committed to the Vision of the College to provide an inclusive education in the Benedictine tradition to all its students. We have a strong Catholic Good Samaritan ethos where the academic development and pastoral care of our students is our priority.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with our Mission and Values Statements found on our website, as well as the following documents:
- The Good Samaritan Schools Mission Framework
- The Good Samaritan Teaching and Learning Framework
- The Stella Star Learning Framework
- The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
All applicants must comply with the requirements of the NSW Educational Standards Board (NESA).
We are looking to expand our team of dynamic, experienced teachers who engage students by providing a challenging, yet nurturing learning environment.
Teacher of English
Permanent full time position, starting 2020
The College is seeking an expert teacher with a demonstrated commitment to excellence across Stages 4-6. The ability to teach debating and Stage 6 English Standard are required. Creativity and energy in facilitating learning is essential, as is the ability to work collaboratively as a member of the English team.
Teacher of Science
Temporary full time position, Terms 1-3, 2020
Creativity and energy in facilitating learning is essential and the ability to teach Chemistry or Physics would be an advantage.
Applicants must meet Child Protection requirements and support the Good Samaritan Benedictine ethos of the College.
Teachers who would like to be considered for inclusion in the College’s Casual Teacher Register should complete an Application for Employment–Teaching Staff and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering letter. All applicants are required to have a current Working with Children Check Clearance Number and, in the case of New Scheme Teachers, to have current accreditation with NESA.
How to Apply
Applications for all temporary and permanent positions should include the following:
- an Application for Employment: Teaching Staff or Non-Teaching Staff
- a letter of application addressing the criteria and role description
- details of your qualifications and experience
- details of your ‘Working With Children’ Clearance. Your Clearance Number will be checked prior to commencing work in the advertised position.
- a Philosophy of 21st Century Learning statement (teachers only)
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the College by the closing date.