Stella Maris College has a proud history of excellence in teaching and learning. As a school of Good Samaritan Education we belong to a network of ten Catholic Colleges in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
The employment experience at Stella Maris College is one of collegiality. All staff at the College are committed to the Vision of the College to provide an inclusive education in the Benedictine tradition to all its students. We have a strong Catholic Good Samaritan ethos where the academic development and pastoral care of our students is our priority.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with our Mission and Values Statements found on our website, as well as the following documents:
- The Good Samaritan Schools Mission Framework
- The Good Samaritan Teaching and Learning Framework
- The Stella Star Learning Framework
- The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
All applicants must comply with the requirements of the NSW Educational Standards Board (NESA).
Teacher of Mandatory Technology and Visual Arts
The College is seeking a temporary full-time Teacher of Mandatory Technology and Visual Arts. The contract is for the 2021 school year.
A dynamic educator is required to develop and implement our careers and pathways program with a focus on fostering student growth.
- Creativity and energy in facilitating learning
- Have relevant teaching qualifications and meet Child Protection requirements
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competency in the classroom
- Applicants must support the Good Samaritan Benedictine ethos of the College
For more details, please read the role description.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 20 November 2020.
General Assistant – Property
Part-time 3 days per week
The General Assistant – Property will support the Property and Sustainability Manager in maintaining the College grounds and buildings, ensuring that ongoing maintenance and good stewardship of the College environment are preserved.
The successful applicant will:
- assist with site security
- liaise with external service providers and contractors
- be proficient in computer software
- have the ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team
A relevant trade qualification and experience in building services would be preferable.
Experience working in a school environment would be an advantage.
Applicants must support the Catholic Good Samaritan ethos and tradition of the College and meet Child Protection requirements.
Applications close 20 November 2020.
Teachers who would like to be considered for inclusion in the College’s Casual Teacher Register should complete an Application for Employment–Teaching Staff and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering letter. All applicants are required to have a current Working with Children Check Clearance Number and, in the case of New Scheme Teachers, to have current accreditation with NESA.
How to Apply
Applications for all temporary and permanent positions should include the following:
- an Application for Employment: Teaching Staff or Non-Teaching Staff
- a letter of application addressing the criteria and role description
- details of your qualifications and experience
- details of your ‘Working With Children’ Clearance. Your Clearance Number will be checked prior to commencing work in the advertised position.
- a Philosophy of 21st Century Learning statement (teachers only)
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date.
Employment Mailing List
Register your interest in working at Stella Maris College by joining our Employment Mailing List and we will email you when positions become available. Click here to join our mailing list.