Stella Maris College has a proud history of excellence in teaching and learning. As a school of Good Samaritan Education we belong to a network of ten Catholic Colleges in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
The employment experience at Stella Maris College is one of collegiality. All staff at the College are committed to the Vision of the College to provide an inclusive education in the Benedictine tradition to all its students. We have a strong Catholic Good Samaritan ethos where the academic development and pastoral care of our students is our priority.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with our Mission and Values Statements found on our website, as well as the following documents:
- The Good Samaritan Schools Mission Framework
- The Good Samaritan Teaching and Learning Framework
- The Stella Star Learning Framework
- The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
All applicants must comply with the requirements of the NSW Educational Standards Board (NESA).
Teacher of HSIE
Permanent full-time position (start of Term 1 2022)
Business Studies/Commerce/Geography (Stages 4 and 5)
The successful applicant will have expertise in curriculum differentiation, a commitment to a range of different classroom teaching strategies and will enjoy co-operative planning within a department.
Teacher of Science
12 months full-time position (start of Term 1 2022)
An interest in or experience in teaching Physics would be an advantage
Our experienced Physics teacher is looking to mentor and work with a new teacher to collaborate in the areas of Physics and STEM.
- Creativity and sound pedagogy in facilitating learning
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competency in the classroom and as part of a team
- Have relevant teaching qualifications and meet Child Protection requirements
- Applicants must support the Good Samaritan Benedictine ethos of the College
Applications close at 9:00am on Friday 8 October 2021.
Teachers who would like to be considered for inclusion in the College’s Casual Teacher Register should complete an Application for Employment–Teaching Staff and forward it to email@example.com with a brief covering letter. All applicants are required to have a current Working with Children Check Clearance Number and, in the case of New Scheme Teachers, to have current accreditation with NESA.
How to Apply
Applications for all temporary and permanent positions should include the following:
- an Application for Employment: Teaching Staff or Non-Teaching Staff
- a letter of application addressing the criteria and role description
- details of your qualifications and experience
- details of your ‘Working With Children’ Clearance. Your Clearance Number will be checked prior to commencing work in the advertised position.
- a Philosophy of 21st Century Learning statement (teachers only)
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Employment Mailing List
Register your interest in working at Stella Maris College by joining our Employment Mailing List and we will email you when positions become available. Click here to join our mailing list.