The College is very proud of the way our girls wear their uniforms. We believe that the advantages of a uniform far outweigh the disadvantages. This practice is predicated on a range of beliefs relating to social equity, safety, belonging and that appearance often reflects connection to the community, so we support our girls in being well groomed at all times. To this end, the uniform is styled in such a way that all our girls can look neat and tidy and feel comfortable throughout the day.
Benefits and Advantages
- Increased Safety: Our girls are easily identified in a crowd when on excursions and outsiders are more obvious in the playground. Your daughter is safer when she is wearing her uniform.
- Uniforms are Practical: Your daughter’s uniform represents good value for money, given that it is worn regularly over a long period of time and is of high quality. You don’t have to spend a small fortune buying a whole range of street clothes to cover every single day.
- Uniforms Promote a Sense of Belonging: Your daughter’s uniform is an outward expression of her belonging to a community where she is valued and appreciated. The uniform connects our girls to the College and to each other.
- Uniforms are Inclusive: Stella uniforms are not about uniformity; our uniforms are about being free to discover, share and appreciate the differences that matter. Your daughter is encouraged to express her individuality authentically through her engagement in music, art, community service, sport or other interests.
- Uniforms Keep the Focus on Learning: Having a College uniform helps keep your daughter’s focus on learning. Putting on a school uniform signals that learning is now at the top of the agenda!
- Uniforms Contribute to the College Identity: The Stella uniform is a highly visible marker of the College’s presence within its local community. We are justifiably proud of our girls and they are well respected in their community. The way your daughter looks conveys something of our shared values, priorities and expectations, all of which contribute to defining what it means to be a Stella Girl.
At Stella Maris every family supports the Uniform Policy and works with the College to ensure all the girls adhere to its parameters in every detail.
Download the latest uniform and stationery price list.
The Uniform Shop
The College uniform is only available from the Uniform Shop at Stella Maris College. The shop is open from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the term and selected times during school holidays as noted on the home page. It is most easily accessed via the Eurobin Avenue entrance.
Every endeavour is made to ensure that each item is sourced from manufacturers, both local and overseas, who indicate that all workers along the supply chain are paid a living wage and are subject to fair work practices. For general information about ethical clothing visit Ethical Clothing Australia.